of families satisfied
Summer Learning Program
The KidsBridge Summer Learning Program provides rising kindergartners who have not yet had a high-quality early learning experience with a six-week full-day program, to help them learn the norms and routines of school. The program is offered free of charge to students who are registered for Kindergarten in Providence Public Schools in the fall of 2021.
KidsBridge participants attend school for six hours per day, five days per week and adjust to the routines and procedures of kindergarten to help them transition into school. The program is fun and engaging and children learn through play! Parents/family members are also supported through ongoing parent engagement events and workshops. In the event that we are virtual, click here.
The program is taught by certified, experienced teachers with support from Providence’s high school workforce and trained community volunteers. See our results here.
To be eligible for this program, your student must be a resident of Providence and registered for Kindergarten in the fall of 2021 at a Providence School. Priority is given to students registered at our focus schools and those who have not attended preschool.
Parents must commit to participating and documenting attendance every week with their child and must participate in a weekly conference with program teachers and staff.
The KidsBridge Summer Learning Program is a research-based summer kindergarten readiness program that focuses on the social-emotional needs of students and their families as they transition to kindergarten.
- 67% of our students showed growth in overall Early Literacy Scores; We observed significant growth in student’s understanding of norms and routines of school.
- All of our students were clear on school-wide expectations for transitions and classroom behaviors by the end of the six week program.
- Our initially timid students came out of their shell and were actively engaged in activities.
- Parents who had concerns about their child’s readiness for school were impressed by how ready they were by the end of the summer.
- 100% of students saw growth in at least one social-emotional domain.
In the event our program must be virtual due to the ongoing pandemic, the program will provide:
Active-Learning Activity Kits delivered to your home with clear and straightforward lessons for parents, grandparents, or older siblings to help your little one.
Weekly breakfast and lunch deliveries to your home.
Online training, phone calls, virtual meetings, and in-person supports.
Enrichment field trips for the whole family, at no cost.
Guest speakers from the Providence Public School Department sharing current news and information about the upcoming school year.
Social workers and teachers supporting learning and making connections for community resources.